The previous two weeks were so hectic, that I did not have a chance to complete the challenge every day, but I did make up the time that I was missing by making other days longer. I was also not able to post the update blog (that’s why it’s a week late). But things are back on track.
For the last two weeks, I continued working on the Day of the Dead themed shadow box. I continued trying to use more layers on the different characters in order to make them more three-dimensional and to make them more like real people look (but in paper form). I am so pleased with the results.
These past two weeks have been great. I feel like I’ve tried techniques that are more advanced, at least more so than what I was doing before. I used techniques that gave my piece more texture, more depth, and that resulted in a cleaner look.
These past two weeks were a bit harder to complete, simply because life got in the way. My two year old got sick with the stomach flu and required a lot of attention (my husband was out of town when that happened as well). But I managed to work on paper art pretty much every day and learn more about the medium in the process.